Dan’s Easy Truffled Lobster Mac and Cheese, a Special Occasion Delicacy
Hi Gang, I love cooking for friends, especially when I can show them how great cooking with SoloCoco can be. Tonight I made my Easy Truffled, Lobster Mac and Cheese. It was restaurant quality, at a fraction of the price and a total hit. As with everything, the final dish comes out best when you use the highest quality ingredients. For this type of dish, I recommend getting your ingredients at the best quality store such as The Fresh Market or Whole Foods. Bon Apetit!
1 quart Whole Milk, Organic
1.5 cups Bread Crumbs, Regular
1 Pound Elbow Macaroni
1 Pound Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 Pound Gruyere Cheese, grated
Drizzle of White Truffle Oil
1/2 cup SoloCoco Coconut Oil (Use promo code LOBSTER for 50% two jars!)
3 Sticks, High Quality Butter
5 Lobster Tails, boiled, shelled.
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch (not pictured)
1. Place your lobster tails in rapidly boiling water and cook for 10 mins. Optional: add sea salt to the water.
2. In a separate, deep saucepan, add half cup SoloCoco and two sticks of butter, once heated up, three tablespoons of cornstarch and whisk to cook slightly.
3. Once whisked, add quart of milk. Make sure the milk does not boil.
4. Stir the milk until it thickens slightly, then slowly add the grated cheese (save a handful of Gruyere) and continue to stir. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally
5. In a separate pot, cook the elbow macaroni to 1 minute less than the instructions on the packaging, be sure to add some sea salt to the water you cook the pasta in. Optional: To prevent overcooking the pasta, run it through cold water after you strain and let cool.
6. Toast the breadcrumbs in a saucepan with the remaining stick of butter. The key to not burn the breadcrumbs is to manage the heat and stir frequently. This is ready in two minutes.
7. Chop the lobster coarsely and combine with pasta and milky-cheese sauce in a shallow baking dish. Combine well. This will be the serving dish.
8. Sprinkle the remaining Gruyere cheese on the top of the dish evenly, then the toasted breadcrumbs. Bake at 350F for 30 mins, or until the crumbs are nice and toasted.
9. Remove from the oven carefully, Drizzle plenty of the truffle oil over the top and Enjoy!