Dan’s Post Workout Smoothie
Happy 2016! We kicked off the new year with a trip to the gym and a post workout smoothie that is too good to keep to ourselves. Not only is this smoothie delicious, but it is a great way to help your body recover after a workout. The medium chain triglycerides (MTCs) in coconut oil provide immediate energy and will even help boost your metabolism by 13%!
- Glass of ice water
- 1 tablespoon SoloCoco Coconut Oil (for immediate energy)
- 1 tablespoon natural powder Kah Kow (for reducing oxidative stress)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (provides polyphenols and vitamins)
- 1 cup berries (provides amino acids and crucial vitamins)
- 1 serving of protein powder (for muscle growth and recovery)
Beat all ingredients in a blender.
So next time you hit the gym reward yourself with this smoothie after your workout… your body will thank you